School Meals are provided by North Tyneside Catering Services. They operate a 3 week rotational menu. Following a school term holiday they always restart on week 1.
Please see the links below for North Tyneside School Meals Service. If you have any further queries please contact Catering Services Tel: 0191 6438355.
Free School Meals
You're eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Applications can be taken over the telephone by calling (0191) 643 2288 or by completing the online form here.