Home/School Agreement September 2021
We expect all adults and children who work within our school to follow our school mission statement:
Come in and learn with Jesus; go out and serve with love.
In order to achieve this, we all need to play our part. Please read through our Home/School Agreement and share it with your child, as well as anyone else who has responsibility for bringing or collecting your child from school.
- Provide an environment which has been risk assessed and is safe.
- Ensure that there is a designated safeguarding lead on the school site at all times to support children, staff and parents.
- Encourage children to live according to Christian. principles, promoting respect for others and themselves.
- Provide the experience of Catholic life and worship, both in school and as part of the wider Community.
- Aim to ensure that children achieve their full potential as valued members of the school community.
- Aim to achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building positive relationships and developing a growing sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum matched to children’s ability and age.
- Keep parents informed about their child’s progress.
- Keep parents informed about general school matters, and be open and welcoming at all times.
- Respond to concerns raised by parents as quickly as possible, showing co-operation and respect.
Parents agree to:
- Behave as polite role models to pupils at all times.
- Ensure my child attends school regularly and on time, and inform the school of any absence on the first day.
- Support the school’s policies, especially regarding behaviour.
- Support my child in homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- To read with/to my child as often as possible to instil a love of reading.
- Ensure my child wears the correct school uniform in accordance with the school policy.
- Attend Parents Meetings to discuss my child’s welfare and progress.
- Raise any concerns or complaints with the school at the earliest opportunity and do so in an attitude of partnership and mutual co-operation for the benefit of my child.
Pupils agree to:
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Wear the school uniform and bring all the equipment I need everyday.
- Take care of all school resources and help keep our school clean and tidy.
- Try to learn something new each lesson and always do my best.
- Share my feelings honestly and politely and show consideration for others in school.
- Behave sensibly and think before I act so we can be happy and safe as we learn.
- Try to think for myself and take responsibility for my actions and my learning.
- Observe all school rules and treat everyone with respect and care.
- Treat others as I would like to be treated.